Monday, February 25, 2013

A Moment for Your Monday: Patience

Have you ever caught yourself doing something for, saying something to, or teaching your own child something that you can just feel God giving right back to you? I think it's incredible the things we learn about God as our Father by being mothers ourselves.

I shared with you a couple weeks ago about my screaming match with God. Later, as I still struggled with my range of emotions and hurt, life was going on as usual. My husband was working late and I was trying to get dinner ready for my son and me. Little man starts to lose patience pretty quickly when daddy doesn't come home at a normal time, which means I often start to lose my own patience on such nights. Please tell me I'm not alone in this...

As I was trying to finish dinner, my son was pitching a pretty good fit over waiting. I tried to reassure him that I was working on it and food would arrive in front of him shortly. My reassurance didn't seem to be doing much. Finally, in an attempt to get his attention, I took his sweet little face in between my hands and put my face very close to his. Softly, I told him, "I see that your frustrated and I know you don't like to wait. But please try to be patient."

I suddenly realized that God could be doing the same thing for me. "I know you're frustrated. I know you don't understand. I know you don't see the big picture. Please try to be patient. I really do know what you need and what the deepest desires of your heart are. I'm working on the best possible thing for you. Just please be patient while I work."

Do you believe that God has the best possible plans for you? Do you believe that he knows what you need and what you want most deeply? Are you willing to trust him? Are you willing to try to be patient?

What is God asking you to wait patiently on?

No comments:

Post a Comment