Thursday, January 10, 2013

Organizational Bliss



While I was pregnant with my son, I didn't have a whole lot of energy - ever. So I didn't do much "nesting." But now that #2 is on the way, it's a whole different story. I have become a crazy woman in the last few months - doing everything from refinishing furniture to refolding all of our socks. My husband laughs at me, but we all know he secretly loves the cleaning going on!

Being the beginning of the year, I know I'm probably not the only one in a mad organizing frenzy. Be honest now: how many of you made organizational New Years resolutions? If you did, I want to tip you off to a great resource: IHeart Organizing.

image source
If you spend much time around the blog scene, you've maybe already seen Jen Jones' awesome chronicle of organizing her life, home and family of five. If not, she has ideas on getting everything in tip-top shape from your junk drawer to your play room. I know 10-20 minutes with this blog in the morning or during nap time is enough to motivate me for a couple hours on one of my own projects! If you need a jump start with your own organizing resolutions, check it out!

*Disclaimer: I don't want this, in any way, to become a comparison game for you or to perpetuate some of those lies you are working so hard to dispel. You are not a bad mom when your house inevitably doesn't look like these blogs! I live in a small, aging apartment with stock finishes that I can't change and my home looks absolutely nothing like any of the pictures you will see in these links. I've simply been inspired to think outside the box and make our home work best for our lives and hope you will find some helpful information too!

No comments:

Post a Comment